About Soulfire Yoga
Fire is the catalytic force behind all transformation. Yogic fire is called Agni, whose abode lies deep within the subtle layers of our being, alighting our awareness to seek connection and enlightenment. It is the flame of our soul. The burning love within our hearts. It is our source of joy, courage, creativity and radiance. When we connect to this eternal force, our lives truly transform.
When we light our own lamp, the whole world receives the glow. At Soulfire Yoga, we help you kindle your inner Yogic fire.
Joy is an independent Ayurveda Yoga Specialist (AYS) offering private lessons, livestream classes, online retreats, Ayurvedic assessments, and mentoring services for yoga students and teachers. She lives her life as an embodied yogi and practicing ayurvedist, teaching and sharing the rich transformative power of these two ancient wisdoms with others.
Joy’s yogic foundation is rooted in the Raja (Royal) Yoga path and greatly influenced by the teachings of the Kripalu School of Yoga and The Himalayan Institute. She is also a devotee of the spiritual teacher Amma, and has been attending her annual retreats since 2013.
A lifelong learner, Joy has over 20 years of personal experience in both Yoga and Ayurveda, including:
- Certified as an Ayurveda Yoga Specialist through the Himalayan Institute.
- Yoga training with Lotus Garden Yoga School, one of the first comparative theory yoga teacher training in the country.
- Advanced studies in meditation, pranayama, yogic philosophy, and restorative yoga through the PranaKriya School of Yoga and Healing Arts.
- Level one training in Mindful Resilience for Trauma Recovery through the Veterans Yoga Project.
- Currently studying Ayurveda and Yoga at the New Mexico School of Yoga.
She lives in Weston, VT with her husband, Peter, a Spiritual Director for Soulwork Spiritual Direction, Abby, their Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and two aging Himalayan cats, Theo and Clare. When Joy is not immersed in a Yoga book or practice, she can be found hiking or cooking up nourishing meals for her family.
Sign up for email updates!
Sign up for my email updates and get free yoga and ayurveda tips to keep you inspired, healthy and balanced!